Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Magical powers in my hands and in my feet!

"I've got magical powers in my hands and in my feet!"

I recalled that line this morning, as I sat waiting for my passport to be done at the Customs. That was from one of my favourite Star Wars remake from Bored Shorts TV.

And then I remembered Norfasarie's daughter - and I love and appreciate the fact that her mother is raising her as a normal kid, accepting our little flaws. And I feel so full of gratitude, that we have been given these hands and feet - and they really HAVE magical powers. We can do with our hands and feet, what other creatures cannot do with their paws. If you just lose a thumb, you'll find that there are many things that you cannot do, that we now take for granted.

And we also have magical powers in our feet - I believe that as I recall the documentary of the guy with totally no hands - and he does everything with his feet. Even designed his own car, where he can drive with his feet. Subhanallaah amazing.

We REALLY do have magical powers in our hands and in our feet. And we can do this and this!

Masyaa Allaah. Alhamdulillaah.

2 comments:

Al-Manar said...

When you mentioned passport, customs and what if you lose a thumb, I wondered where were going having to put a thumb print!

madame blossom said...

Pakcik Hoh.. ya.. Now I wonder too.. what is the replacement for thumb prints for those without hands? I'm sure they can still travel.