Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, August 01, 2011

your beautiful apparels

My hubby sent his 3 jubahs to the Chinese tailor for alteration. The old Chinese lady, the tailor said it would be ready by 6.45pm. However when my hubby arrived there, they were not ready. The old Chinese lady said, a little while more. My hubby said ok.

She finished at nearly 7pm. Break fast time is very near. Then she said she wants to iron the jubahs. Looking at the time, my hubby told her there is no need to. But she insisted. She asked, which of the 3 jubah, my husband will wear to the mosque tonight. Apparently she knows during Ramadan, most muslims go to the mosque to pray. My husband showed her one.

She said, "Gua mesti gosok sama lu punya baju.. baju lu cantik, nanti lu smayang lu punya God manyak suka sama lu.." (I must iron your apparel, you're going to pray, your apparel must be nice, then your God will be very pleased with you."

MasyaAllah. Subhanallah.

Did you know, Allah said in the Quran :

O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for Allah loveth not the wasters.
Quran, Al A'raf 7:31


How apt for the month of Ramadan. Subhanallah. May Allah guide and reward that kind old soul.

May we gain much in this blessed month. Ameen.

No comments: