Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, August 22, 2011

bow down in worship

I was reading this transliteration of this verse, and I recall a question asked to me, by a young man, born-Muslim. It was a very interesting question and I'm so glad he asked. Cause I'm sure, it has crossed the minds of some of us, but we may be just too shy to ask what seems like a 'silly' question. He asked, "scientifically dinosaurs exist before Christ (BC), how come Islam isn't around during those days?"


"Seest thou not that to Allah bow down in worship all things that are in the heavens and on earth - the sun, the moon, the stars, the hills, the trees the animals; and a great number among mankind? But a great number are (also) such as are fit for Punishment: and such as Allah shall disgrace - non can rise to honour: for Allah carries out all that He wills."

22:18 Al-Hajj


Through the course of learning more about my own religion, I came to know that actually 'Islam' is an arabic word which means 'submission'. In religious context it means 'submission to the will of God'.

So, it's not just BC. Even BM (before man) - 'submission to God' or 'Islam', has already existed. It existed as long as when Allah creates all that He has created - that includes our universe and the stars.

Subhanallah.

No comments: