Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Hanaa's trip

Hanaa has been selected by her school to go to Batam, to help do up a play area for a primary school there. She departed this morning and has called to inform that she has already arrived safely there. Alhamdulillah.

I think... yes it is! the first overseas trip for her, without family! I reminded her to look after her stuff well (because I will not be there to pick up after her) and not forgetting to do her daily prayers. She has requested her teacher earlier, to group her with her two other Muslim friends (Sara and Huda) so, that they can comfortably do their daily prayers in their room together.

I have always said that I want my children to be exposed to humanitarian or charity work. I want the children to see, how children in other countries are, and how thankful we should be. As such, I am glad for this opportunity to come her way.

I hope she will learn some, and have fun too.

Can't wait for her to be back this Friday, safely. InsyaAllah. Ameen.

No comments: