Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

to be without one

Rus, my pembantu kat rumah, will be going back for a short break this weekend, for 3 weeks. So I've made arrangements for my usual stand-in pembantu, a local, to help out with the chores maybe like twice a week. Cukup lah untuk tolong do the whole laundry thingy and everything yang sewaktu dengannya.

Ok set, no worries.

Or so I thought.

Malangnya, just now, that good stand-in pembantu of mine, smsed me to say that she cannot come this time - kena OT on weekends. Oooh...ok. right.


Hmm.. I shall not panic. (panic, bukan picnic. paaanic. Picnic - berkelah.. panic - cemas)

I can do it. Yes, of course I can....... kan??

Afterall, I've done it before. Before there was Rus.

Yes, i remember those times. In fact, I was actually very reluctant to get a maid. I wanted my privacy. I can't imagine living with a stranger in the house... yada yada yada.

AND I did tell hubby.. i don't want a maid because i don't want to turn into a lazy bum. If there is a maid in the house, i'll be complacent and i'll be a lazy bum. He said.. think honey, you'll have time for yourself, to do the things you want to do. You can rest.

And rest, I did.

Now 3 years later, I can't imagine how I survived without a maid, with the 4 children. At that time Nadh was only a baby. I had to wake up early to get the children ready, send them to nanny's place, go to work, pick up children, come home, play with them, get them ready for bed, do laundry and clean the house.

MasyaAllah, how DID I do it? But no need to imagine further, I'll face it again next week.

But insyaAllah.. I can do it! Yes, insyaAllah I can. InsyaAllah. Ameen.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Darling Bloss

Kak Rus have indeed been a great help to u all these while eh ..

But, I am sure too, that you can manage without her around for the next few weeks.

If you ever need help, you know who are the people you should ring.. ehem ehem ..

:D

And, don't ever remind me of the panic & picnic thingy, it reminds me of Bro HJ and you in the car that day. The video managed to prove that the both of you telah dikurniakan Allah dengan bakat yang lebih menyerlah! Haha!

Take care darling ..

"Malaysia boleh, Blossom pon boleh!"

Anonymous said...

uwah! i see tv canggih! wowweeeee ...

when the kids were much younger, we had part-time help. now that they are slightly older, i told them ... buat sendirik! hep, biasa dia. *kekekek*

tak der dulu, tak de sekarang kan? kalau dulu boleh, sekarang sure kashang one right? ;) jia you ... jia you ... !

Anonymous said...

hmm i can imagine ur situation now. I also cant imagine how its going to be like if i were to do it on my own hehehe pasti kelam kabut ~lol~

Neway its good tat you have a trust worthy helper.. Mine ok ok jer la at times, geram jugak but have to be contented with wat she has done for us...

Anonymous said...

We had 3 pembantus in the past but now no longer do. However, our case is different than yours as we have my mother staying with us and she helps out with minding the children, laundry and cooking too. My wife does the ironing and also on weekends when my mum stays over at my other siblings’ place.

InsyaAllah you can manage Sis. Never say never, right? (eh….sounds like the title of a James Bond movie pulak).

Anonymous said...

Sing this song with rhythm lagu "Bila sekolah dulu.."

"Bila nadh baby lagi..
Aku masih boleh tahan lagi..
Tapi timing dah lari..
Aku dah ada Em-Pat babyyy...."

"uwek uwek uwek uwek"
(action tangan pat mata ngah nangis..)

"Sekarang Rus pergi cuti..
Aku tak tau macam mana nanti..
Boleh tak jaga anak2 aku...
Satu-satu nangis macam Baaaaa.."

"Bila nadh baby lagi....."

madame blossom said...

tedd,

I'm glad you found me entertaining. =D So, nanti I call u eh?

YT,
Can u believe that TV is free?! it's from starhub - diorang punya promotion, that when u sign up 3 of their services with 2 yr contracts - u get that free. (well, actually nothing is REALLY free la kan?).

Rena,
Ya lah, Rus is not PERFECT either, but so am I! We give and take, and accept kekurangan each other.

madame blossom said...

Yara,
That's the one plus point of having parents stay together. Or extended families, macam orang dulu2. But our parents pulak, prefer to live on their own.

azer,
tu senyum ikhlas ke senyum 'tch3'? =D

jenggo,
pandai eh?! actually kan.. jaga anak2 tu ok la, insyaAllah. It's the other chores tu. Nak tolong?

Anonymous said...

brape bleh dapat? uhuk2... U did mention,"well, actually nothing is REALLY free la kan?" hehe..

madame blossom said...

jenggo,
it depends on ur work experience n ur qualifications. send me ur resume. =D