Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, December 11, 2006

growing old

I have not fully recovered from my flu. But I'm not having any body aches or headaches. Just a running nose and a bit of cough. I'm back at work. Can't afford to take more MCs.

I have tedd on yahoo. She's at home and need not go to the office until 3rd Jan!!!!! Apa punya kerja macam ni?!?!? Aku pun nak!!

Seriously, she's blessed with a GOOD job, murah rezeki. And she's only 20, for heaven's sake! Alhamdulillah. Her job allows her to work from home almost anytime, except when she has meetings or things to clear at the office. Best kan?

I hope I can get an opportunity like that. But being at this age, nearing 40, the chances are slim. I should be contented with what I have.

Nearing 40... Ever since I was 35, the next number in my mind is always 40. It's funny - sometimes it feels surreal. Like 'seriously? I'm going to be 4-0 in a not so distant time??' MasyaAllah. There's no turning back. Then I'd think about the things I've done in the past. Things I should have done. But that's past. Now, is what matters, right?

I plan to grow old graciously, and independent. I pray that I don't turn into a grumpy old woman. I imagine when I'm 60-70 (kalau umur panjang gitu, ameen) and retired, besides all the extra ibadahs I would want to do regularly, I'd probably be seated with a good laptop, writing a book. My house will look like a library. It'd be nice if it's near the sea or overlooking a sawah padi. ... ok, perhaps that's just imagining too far.

At that time, I'd have more time to spend with family and friends, meeting them and chatting over a drink. I'd probably have quite a few grandchildren to play with too. *imagining the whole scene*

That reminds me - I don't intend to be put in charge of my grandchildren full time. A maid must be there to look after them, so that I can go out, when I need/want to. Children, please take note.

*going back into the time machine, to current date/time*

Now I just want to make the best with the few years I have left of my 30s.
(..in iman, health & wealth - for all of us, ameen).

p.s. this entry seems gloomy - perhaps because it's Monday.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salams Sis.
First, I know how you feel because I’ve crossed that big 4-0 a couple of years back but I guess most women take it slightly worse than a man..heh..heh. Seriously though, I think it is wonderful that Allah swt has given us an opportunity to live longer to atone for our sins and continue our journey towards Jannah, InsyaAllah. I am quite contented with my current (may or may not be the last ever) job although I think it would be great to be able to work from home. I share your thoughts about having more time for ourselves when we reach grandparenthood because minding young children is a stressful and hectic job.

By the way, your entry does not seem gloomy, to me at least, because it had been brightened up by some interesting quips and insight into the future and that time machine ala the movie “Back to the Future” gitu..heh..heh.

Oh ya. Alhamdulillah you dah beransur pulih and hope for total recovery real soon.

Anonymous said...

Bloss

we shall be happy and feel grateful to Allah for what we have on hand, for all that are given to us by Allah s.w.t and He knows best what's good for us ..

heheh .. u have a GOOD job too, just that the GOOD-ness are of a different forms and may be indirect ones ..

Hmmph .. Numbers are just age, which doesn't matter much to one. It may just be a reminder to us, that we are blessed to be able to live this life year after year with our beloved ones. Allah is just great, isn't He? Subhanallah!

Yes, you should grow old gracefully with style of your own with the Islamic etiquettes being maintained and islamic values being practiced plus the extra ibadahs. Remember what I said at Yahoo? Don't ever let us see you in a selekeh attire when your age reaches like 50-70 wokayy ..

May Allah grant all your wishes for the future days, darling sis. InsyaAllah, Aameen.

Do take care of your health in the mid of your heavy work load.

Anonymous said...

Bloss

Oh yes, I forgot to say this in my previous comment!

You may want to put your mind at ease and put the number 40 aside. Like I have said, they're just numbers. And if you can still remember, these girlfriends of yours (speaking for myself too) never expected you to be your 'real' age when we first knew you! And, we thought you were around our age!

What matters most is for you to be happy and just be yourself.

In case, you haven't heard this from us .. We all love you just the way you are, bloss!

Muacks!!

madame blossom said...

Yara,

yes, alhamdulillah for more time given to us. and every now and then, we should try to go 'back to the future', even further than I just did. To the ultimate future tu..

tedd,
thank you dear. ur comment somehow made me feel like I'm getting some kind of 'life achievement award' =D. Thanks for being there.

Freak and Geek said...

hei, my mom said the exact thing - get a maid for the grandchildren! hehehee.... coz she totally needs her break. ok, point taken. :-P

get well soon and worry not u will always be young at heart to me.

can't wait for ur book tuh..

madame blossom said...

FG,

=D yup listen to ur mum. I learnt from mine also!

and thank u dear - it's ppl like u who makes me feel that way too. *hugs*

Azer Mantessa said...

i dun feel this entry is gloomy a bit. to know sumone else dream is sumthing very nice :-)

madame blossom said...

azer,

talking about being sick, getting old, i thought it sounded gloomy.

Anonymous said...

Old?? Wats that? i dont think its in any of our dictionary, right? Am i right or am i right? Right right....

Anonymous said...

have a good day, sis!

madame blossom said...

jenggo,
of cos, u're right. old, young, age - are just terms.

BUT kan.. one thing good about old - is more learned, more experience, insyaAllah.

Ann,
HI!! u too sis. :)