Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Monday, May 01, 2006

Car's looking good

Kesian.....

..this purple bug of mine, has gone on 3 weeks without being washed. The first 2 weeks, I was always rushing to get somewhere or get home, and there was no place with manual carwash that was along my way. By the time it got to last week, I was broke pulak..

It was then that I decided, I should wash the car myself. Afterall, there were numerous occasions at the carwash, when I felt like getting out of the car to wash the car myself - when they didn't wash the parts yang kat bawah-bawah or yang terselit..

So today, the first thing I bought with this month's paycheck, was those big sponges and a bottle of car shampoo. I was standing there at the shop for like 10 minutes, deciding which shampoo to buy. Hmm.. they don't have any with conditioner. Finally took one which allows me to use on all parts of the car. (there was one which advises against using it on windscreens - ala leceh!).

Uda is not home today, so to entertain the children, I let them help wash the car. They were so looking forward to it. After Asr, Hadi, Hanaa, Nadhrah and mua, equipped with a bucket, the sponges, a towel and the shampoo without conditioner, went down to the carpark to begin our task. (Eema didn't go - she decided that she was not born to do hard work.)

At the wash bay, at the carpark, there is a water dispenser. With 20 cents you get 30 secs of gushing water.. I should bring a bigger bucket next time.

In just 5 minutes, the children were already half wet.. it was expected. By the time I was done with the car, they were soaking wet.

But I must say, alhamdulillah, I think I did a pretty good job. Puas hati lah... cuci sendiri. Save $6. (excluded from this cost 'saved' is the cost of the shampoo and sponges that can be used again next time) Only, I don't know if I'd have the mood to do it every week. Nevermind that lah.. see how.

I remembered rose petals on the bed, while I was at Mama Yusof's housewarming. I've seen that a few times. It got me thinking.. perhaps the next time I wash the car, I could do it dengan air bunga. Maybe the last rinse tu.. letak some rose petals or even cut daun pandan.
Merapek? Oklah... tak.

Anyway, the car's looking good tonight.

[Today in history : *Sleeping Beauty* & *Prince Charming* had their first argument this evening.. err meaning yesterday evening (30/4/2006). Prince Charming was not aware of how strongly Sleeping Beauty would pertahankan her freedom. Today he got that idea.
Anyway, my nasihat for u adik2 out there, jodoh dah ditentukan pun, your destiny has been set since the day you were born. So, tak payah nak gaduh2 about small matters like this.
Ada hikmah disebaliknya.. insyaAllah.
May Allah SWT guide us all. Ameen]

No comments: