Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, November 11, 2016

within my neurons on 11 Nov 2016, Syuruk - Hold your station.

I cried a little just now, just to let some of the stress out of my system.

I think of our struggle with increasing costs and the hassle of commuting to and from JB. The stress when we are late, like just now. I feel like giving up. Move back to Singapore - or migrate to somewhere where life is simple. I imagine living in faraway places, perhaps in the mountains, where there are not many people. Life should be simpler, no hassle, no challenges.

'No challenges'... A life with no challenges... that didn't sound right. How can there be no challenges in life? How can there be no tests? Things that forces you to practise patience, perseverence, gratitude and make you a stronger and better person. Alhamdulillaah.

Patience & perseverance - this reminds me of the irony the other morning... when I was at Tuas Immigration, going into Singapore - reciting the last few ayats from Ali-Imran. A car tried to cut in early into our lane where cars queue from the back. I horned, as I was robotically reading the last ayat that says : Oh those who believe, practise patience, be patient and hold your station. After a bit, I realised what I had just recited when I was sounding the horn. Astaghfirullaah.

That's a nice ayat by the way.. the translation also sounds poetic : practise patience, be patient and hold your station.

Hold your station - to be very firm in your position - like when you are at war, you don't leave your station because you give up or out of fear.. you HOLD your station. That's how great the level of patience is in that last level.

Beautiful ayat. it goes from the verb - practise patience (which means an action you may do once in a while), to a noun - be patient (that is to be a person, known to be patient), to this description, greater than the noun itself : hold your station - this is even more than being patient, this is perseverance. Masyaa Allaah.

May Allaah make me achieve this. Aamiin.

You know what.. I feel a bit better already. May we all have a good day, and a good life.

No comments: