Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Saturday, November 05, 2016

within my neurons : 05-Nov-2016 : near Maghrib - a little taste of paradise

I imagine that one of the feelings you get from enjoying paradise would be sakinah - peacefulness, calmness, assured, happy, safe. In order to feel sakinah when it's there, is to be quiet. Absorb the moment, the sound, the sight, the feel, the tranquility. Masyaa Allaah.

Subhanaallaahi walhamdulillaahi wa laa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar.

I am experiencing it now, just lying on my bed, looking out the window at the houses further away, with the hills topped by clouds in the background. Soft cooling wind, blowing my curtain gently and lightly. the leaves of the plant on my bay window, flickering when touched by the wind. Peace.

Suddenly, pretty pictures of places with beautiful trees and plants near forests or lakes and beautiful sceneries, became not as tempting. I didn't feel like I HAVE to go there to experience the place and moment - only for a day or two - or a week. I have my own little paradise here. Makes me wonder if I was being ungrateful, to be excited about pretty places far far away. Note : Having some plants and keeping a place clean sure help with making any place look pretty, I think.

"But you prefer this worldly life, when the Hereafter is better and ever lasting." 87:16-17

And I have to remember - this is dunya, it's temporary. Imagine the Hereafter!

As I experienced this little taste of paradise, lying on my bed - I am reminded of Jason Mraz's - Song For a Friend.
"Cause I bet if you had it all figured out, then you'd never get out of bed."
Masyaa Allaah - so true. At this moment - I don't feel like I need to do anything, to work for anything else. But alhamdulillaah, it's only this moment. I have not got it all figured out. There is still a LOT to figure out. Life is not suppose to enjoyable ALL the time - it's a test.

As I type this, I'm still looking out my window. I wanted to record this moment. I wanted to express the thoughts and feelings that are going through in my mind and heart - as it comes. You can do this if you had taken typing classes and can type without looking. :P

The moment I described above, can never match the actual. And sometimes, putting them into words, only limits it's beauty.

Oh yes, I tried to take a video or a photo of this just now - but masyaa Allaah - it spoils the real look. Maybe my phone camera is not good. But I also questioned myself, the need to take a picture or video of it. If I don't, does it make this experience less beautiful? less meaningful?

Anyway, I was making doa just now, that Allaah make me contented with what He wants me to be contented with, make me like the things He wants me to like, and make me not long for things, that He doesn't want me to long for. Aamiin.

No comments: