Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Sunday, August 30, 2009

You were here.

I finally finished 'You are Here'. It was reviewed by some to be a poetic book on science, but I didn't find it very poetic.. maybe only towards the end.

I like a poem quoted on the last chapter of the book:

Sweet is the lore which Nature brings;
Our meddling intellect
Mis-shapes the beauteous forms of things:-
We murder to dissect.

Enough of science and of art;
Close up these barren leaves;
Come forth, and bring with you a heart
That watches and receives.
(William Wordsworth, 'The Tables Turned')

Notice the name of the poet? 'Wordsworth' I guess he is! :D

I did read a lot of interesting findings (which may or may not be correct - but found to be correct at this point of time, with the current ability of humans). Some of which I've quoted in previous posts.

Among others are :

*| The only conclusion seems to be that all our ancestors died out, except for a single group from which all humans alive today are descended. This single group was no bigger than a few hundred people living in a single region of the world about 50,000 years ago, perhaps even earlier. (Now, I'm thinking of the great Flood and Prophet Noah A.S "They rejected him (Noah A.S.) but we delivered him, and those with him in the Ark, and We made them inherit (the earth), while We overwhelmed in the Flood those who rejected Our Signs. Then see what was the end of those who were warned (but heeded not)" ~ Quran, Yunus 10:76

*| A computer model made by the physicist Rasmus Bjork in 2007, predicts that it would take 10 billion years to explore just 4 percent of the universe, even if we could travel at a tenth the speed of light, a speed that is far beyond our abilities for the foreseeable future, and perhaps forever. (How GREAT the universe is? and inevitably how even GREATER the Creator is! Allahu Akbar - God is GREAT)

There are a few others that, for me, relates back to what I've learned and understand in Islam. I wish I can write them all here, but I'm not mentally prepared to do a research right now, to look up what I was thinking about, because I can't state it here if I'm cannot prove it to be from a true source. So, I'm not going to. For now. :)

Over and out for now.

No comments: