Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, February 02, 2006

my life and other people's lives

Why should I envy other people's lives? Sometimes I sit and watch people, and I know each of these people have their own set of issues. No matter who they are. The rich wishes for more love. The one with pangkat tinggi, wishes for more valuable time with their children and family. The popular wishes for more privacy and time. The good looking ones wishes for more sincerity, while wondering if they themselves can be sincere. Everybody has their own set of problems. And in the end, when death approaches and Alam Kubur and Akhirat fills your heart with fear and your mind with worry, nothing else in this world seems to matter - except that you hope the good deeds you did are accepted, your contributions used in Allah's way and your children prays for you and help save you from Allah's wrath.

Each one of us, is just a part of this huge number of human beings being put on earth by Allah. Each and every single one of us, will be judged for our deeds no matter how small. Each one of us have a very important role to play for ourselves.

I just need to be thankful of what I already have. And strive to make the best of what I have, to make others better. So Ya Malikil Quddus, help me be the best that I can be. And best is when I can make a difference, in a good way, to others, starting with my family. And don't let me stray into the path of those who have strayed. Ameen.

No comments: