Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Diversities within diversities - Individuals are basically the same

MasyaAllah. In this world ni eh.. the are many many kinds of people.. but finally within this many many kind.. you find the same type of people. Confusing? Wait.. wait.. let me explain..

Firstly kan, we can classify people like the 'Westerns', the 'Asian's etc. Then within this Asians, there are the Arabs, the Chinese, Malays.. kaza wa kaza. (etc etc.. in arabic). Then, of course within the Malays ni.. there are Malays of the different religions.. the Hindus, the Christians and the Muslims.. Then within the Malay Muslims ni, there are... I shall call call it the 'non practising Muslims' and the 'practising Muslims'. (Non practising ni, meaning, they believe in Allah and Rasulullah, but they don't pray regularly, maybe fasting ah, or go for Jumaat prayers or pay zakat etc.)

Then, within these practising Muslims, there are still different kinds of people.

Last time, I was among the non practising Muslims, then Alhamdulillah, dapat hidayah sikit, start understanding what Islam really is, begin to appreciate it A LOT and started practising. Of course there is A LOT MORE room for improvements.

But the thing I'm trying to highlight is the perception I had of the practising Muslims, when I was among the non-practising ones.. I thought of them to be of a different level, very different from me. Then when I started practising after a few years, I begin to want to know more and I signed up for a proper Islamic Studies. And I had the chance to meet these people of the 'practising group', yang ustaz, yang ustazah, yang wara', yang suka volunteer kaza wa kaza.

Then I find that even within this group, there are many types of people. There are the sincere ones, the cakap besar kind, the easy going type, the fun type, the ngada2 type, kaza wa kaza.. These are the same types you meet in the non practising group, and in fact in any other groups of people mentioned above.

So you see the thing is.. within this smaller groups basically INDIVIDUALS are the same. The different types of individuals exists in every group - the sincere, unsincere, aksen.. etc..

Just because you see somebody wearing tudung or songkok, it doesn't mean that they are infallible - takde buat maksiat or salah. In fact, there are some non-practising Muslims who have a more sincere heart than a practising ones. If they practise, then their status is way above. The only thing that differentiates one individual from another, to Allah is Iman - not from kaum puak mana or orang mana dia campur.

On top of that, we don't know our destined end. Takut orang tu nampak baik almost all their life, tapi dalam hati tak sincere.. then end up masa dekat mati tu.. kufur or not in a very nice state. But yang sincere tu.. maybe whole life tak practise, skali time dah nak dekat mati tu.. Allah kasi hidayat.. and mati dia in a state of goodness. So, so so.. kita tak boleh nak kata orang senang2 aje.

Itulah cerita dia...... I really don't mind mixing with anyone, in fact I want to mix with all kinds of people. But we must remember that our peers influences us no matter how little their influence is. So for close friends.. choose one that can influence you the right way. But other than that I feel I don't need to restrict acquaintances.... in fact kalau boleh dapat kawan dengan samseng pun.. I'd be happy - it'd be interesting to know what goes on in their lives.. and who knows insyaAllah can even guide them to Allah's way.

Wallahu a'lam.

No comments: