Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, August 28, 2020

Dreamt that I dreamt of my mother

I've been waiting so long to have a vivid dream of my late mother. You know when we sleep, our souls leave our body, just like the dead. And for those who are destined to still live, the soul returns. 

So during sleep, our souls are wandering, i don't know where. I'd like to think that mine has met my mom's in the other dimension. 

 So before I forget... Just now I took a nap after my subuh, and I dreamt. We were somehow living in a condo on the ground floor. And as I was sliding the window, open, I found that somehow it was not moving evenly. (must be all the architect videos I was watching). And then I checked below, and found that when i moved the window, the wall below it shifted and then one more slide of the window, the wall broke into pieces. 

 I called my husband, and as I was speaking to him, in some how a chaotic situation - everyone was talking - the door bell rang. We opened the door and my mother was there! She had straight should length hair in white dress (yes white dress - probably like the one my daughter has) and she was smiling so widely. So I said 'mak!!' and hugged her tight. 

I looked for my father, but apparently she came alone. I asked her to sit, and I think at that point her hair looked more like when she left us. At that point somehow, I supposedly woke up from my dream and went to tell my husband that I dreamt of my mom so vividly - very vividly it was as if she was really really here. 

 And then Hanaa came out to show me a photo frame she wanted to give me for my birthday and it was a picture of her, my mother and me. And she said, 'you know atuk chose this picture right'? [after this i'm not sure which comes first and the exact sequence, but the following happened in my dream] Then I continued complaining to my husband about the wall, and somehow, he was already at another place and I found myself talking to the wall (wow - this is...). 

Then I noticed that there were many drawings on the wall, and Hadi said it was his, from when he was a boy. He ran in the room to take something to show. 

And then I went back 'downstairs', now it's somehow downstairs' to the balcony by the river -  or was it flooded? - anyway, someone found a body that may still be alive, and the doctor and ambulance was waiting there, then suddenly the boy was on a floating stage of somekind with another boy who is chinese, interviewing him for short while and speak a bit and finished of with some arabic phrases like he heard on the radio at the end of religious lectures.. (was that Isa Ma? haha). 

 And then I recalled the very vivid dream I had about my mom - and then I woke up for real and now I am smiling, happy that I had a dream about my mom - even if it was a dream, in that dream - it was vivid and she looked so well and happy :) 
 May Allaah forgive all of our parents sins and gather all of us in Jannatul Firdaus. Aamiin. Have a great Friday. :) Then I went back 'upstairs' to see the situation about the wall.

No comments: