Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, May 06, 2011

flower for a mother



For 2 years now, i'd find a flower on my table for mother's day. From a colleague who is not even close to me. Apparently, she gives it to every known mothers in the company. So sweet of you, Serene Chai :))

So, I asked the young lady, what drives her to do this every year. I mean, surely there must be some strong idea or feeling tha...t makes her do this. There are, I guess..30-40 over mothers in this company? She buys the flowers and she goes around at every mother's table to place them, early in the morning.

She replied :
"Maybe because personally I'm a Catholic and we were taught since young to praise Mother Mary (Jesus's mom). Actually I feel alot ever since I joined this company. I see the management team, mainly women, and they have family with children yet they still fly around, focus on work so well and have a healthy balance with family. This is something that is not easy to achieve hence I thought that it will be nice to give flowers on Mother's day to salute their hardwork between work and family."

Although I don't quite agree with the 'healthy balance' part.. :p but still.. it is such a sweet thought and gesture. It's people like her that makes this world a little more nicer to live in. :)

p.s. Muslims love Mother Mary too! Mary is mentioned in the Quran at numerous places. In fact, there is a chapter in the Quran named after Mary. :)

"Behold! The angels said: 'O Mary! God hath chosen thee and purified thee; - chosen thee above the women of all nations.'"
Al Quran - Ali-Imran 3:42

No comments: