Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

nothing

Most of the time, when a man says 'nothing' to the question of what he is thinking about, he is not telling the literal truth.

Surely, if a person is quiet and looking far, perhaps at the ocean or the sunset or the mountains or hills - there MUST be SOMETHING in his mind - even if it is something as mundane as 'I wonder how high that hill is, compared to the block I'm staying in..'

The truest answer would be 'It's nothing that I think might interest you. It is too weird and/or too complicated and/or too long to put into words. It may even sound absurd to you, and I don't want you to judge me with what I'm thinking about, so let's just not talk about what I was thinking about.'

'Nothing', to that question, is not literal. 'Nothing', is just the abbreviation to a whole lot of reasons to why the thought will not or should not be shared.

.

5 comments:

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

nothing =D

madame blossom said...

eeeeeeeeeh!!! hairil has spoken!
even if it's 'nothing' :p

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

yea. i didn't understand why most of my married friends didn't update their blogs.

now i do! XD

Alfian said...

Are you implying that this phenomena only happen to man?

What about women? Do they ever encounter such a situation?

Or, what would their response be if they're met with such situations?

hmm...

madame blossom said...

no lah.. didn't mean to imply that it's only man man.. i meant man as human in general. me included definitely. :)