Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Forgetful Creatures

I've read and learned all about how we are tested in this worldly life. But when faced with some, I forget and I lament. I know God is with those who are patient. But I forget and I feel desperate to get out of the situation. I know that all that we go through is only for our own good - only we may not know it yet. But I forget and think about how bad the current situation is.

But God loves me. And He knows my inner thoughts and gave me a reminder, a subtle reminder.
Inna Allaaha laTifun khabir.
Verily Allaah understand the finest mysteries and is well acquainted with them.

Checking on the news of my friend's family - I learned that their family is going through tough times, having lost a male family member during this blessed month of Ramadan. And I think, how ungrateful I am right now, for all the conveniences and all the people I have around me.

May Allaah forgive me and give me strength.
Allaahu ghafuurun Rahiim.
Allaah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful.


We are forgetful creatures.
Alhamdulillaah, for subtle reminders, and the fixed reminders that we carry out 5 times a day.

May Allaah make us among those who are patient and perseveres. Aamiin.

No comments: