Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mixing with people

As I grow old, I have a problem being around people for too long a time. I prefer to stay away from the different strokes or from having to explain why I don't want to join or do some things that they might do.   I want to avoid having to face such tough situations.

As I grow old. I prefer to have a lot of alone time, although I do wish to be able to do some good deed or teach the Quran or do dakwah  to the people.

I've mentioned before also, why I'm reluctant to do videos or dramas - because I feel I am different, but I'm also quite adaptable and I'm afraid if I'll be weak in controlling myself or in standing my ground for the principles I believe in.

These various issues (or excuses?)...

Anyhow, this hadith sheds some motivation for me to go out and mix with people.   May Allah guide me, grant me patience and give me strength and let me see and abide to my priorities clearly.


It was narrated from Ibn ‘Umar that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“The believer who mixes with people and bears their annoyance with patience will have a greater reward than the believer who does not mix with people and does not put up with their annoyance.”


Grade    : Sahih
Reference     : Sunan Ibn Majah 4032
In-book reference     : Book 36, Hadith 107
English translation     : Vol. 5, Book 36, Hadith 4032
Source : Sunnah.com



I like this detailed discussion about mixing with people also.
http://islamqa.info/en/13835

2 comments:

Al-Manar said...

I am finding it hard to reconcile what you say her, against what you profile says" A Muslim, happily married. with 4 kids.."

I must have misunderstood this entry.

madame blossom said...

Salam Pakcik,

Everyone is made different. Some people are happy to be around people all the time.

But I'm one of those who yearns for pockets of alone time. Yes, even though, alhamdulillaah, I am 'happily' married and I have 4 kids - actually they have all grown up. :D