Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Déjà vu

Déjà vu (French pronunciation: [deʒa vy], literally "already seen") is the feeling of certainty that one has already witnessed or experienced a current situation, even though the exact circumstances of the prior encounter are unclear and were perhaps imagined.
- Wiki -

Just now, as I was sitting on my side of the bed, using the laptop, my hubby on his side, asked me to show him how to navigate to a command that he wanted. As I showed him and looked at his laptop screen, I suddenly felt and realised so vividly that I have been in this EXACT situation before - and even with that exact webpage on his laptop. Come to think of it, it could not have happened before, because he just got his laptop yesterday. This is so mind-blowing.

And then he related to me that the same thing happened to him when he was in KL. While in a car, he saw a man walked pass, and another man calling out to that man - and suddenly he felt that he had seen this scene before, from that same spot in his car. The thing is he had not seen or met the two men before that incident.

I am intrigued. He said, maybe we could have dreamt it before.

Whether we dreamt about it, or the scene was just sitting somewhere at the back of our minds and recognised when it happens - may probably have a scientific explanation. You see, scientist have studied about space and time, and they think that space and time - is like a block of ice. Basically everything is set already, and we're just going down the passage of time. If this is so, any events happening to us, are all pre-determined already (of course as Muslims we MUST believe this, as Allah SWT always tells us - e.g. in Al-A'raf 7:37 "...Whatever has been decreed to be their lot [in life] will be theirs..."). Like a printed film being played - we're just going through each scene, according to our time.

From this, I'm thinking that perhaps some of those times when we are struck by 'deja vu' - it was probably a future scene, that was played in our mind before, either in our dreams or perhaps retrieved from some part of the mind that is actually holding our total life events.

Isn't it mind-blowing??


And it's not such an impossible idea, since scientists have actually proven through tests that life is pre-determined.


I'd like to continue on, to explain how scientists have actually proven through tests, that our life, in fact the future events of everything on earth and in the known universe is pre-determined. But it's kind of complicated and I'd like to confirm my memory before blabbering away. But I'm kind of tired right now, so insyaAllah, I MAY, if I get the mood to, talk about that in future (if that's Written :p) insyaAllah.

Meantime, for those who can't wait - go read 'Fabric of the Cosmos - Briane Greene'. It's explained in much detail there.

Good night and salam.

No comments: