Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, February 26, 2010

what achievements?

Do you realise, how old I am already? I'm going to be 41 this year. FORTY-ONE.

The other day, someone ask me to write a profile about myself, and state my achievements. I have nothing.

No outstanding achievements. Not in current life, not when I was in school... ok lah.. at work I think I did progress well, masyaAllah, alhamdulillah - but there's nothing concrete. Nak cakap achieved to panjat Bukit Tabor before I hit 40 pun, it's like nothing kan. It's not even Mount Kinabalu. Errm...no, no thanks - I don't think I want to do that now.

Sad huh?

But to be fair to myself, Ok lah.. I did achieve some in increasing my knowledge in my own religion, over the last 5-6 years. I feel and I think about the wonders of His Creations, much more, in the last 5-6 years, than before. Alhamdulillah, may Allah guide us. But this is again, not the kind of 'achievements' you put in profiles.

But funny right, how these personal achievements don't count as relevant achievements that one would put in profiles. But it means a lot to me. I think it has made me a more thoughtful person - or at least I try my best to be - in everything I do or say.

Right. But I'm not going to talk about what I hope to do and plan to do... because I would hate it, if I have said it, but nothing much happens. So, I'm just going to pray, that if my plans and intentions, would contribute positively to me or my family or the ummah, then, God, let me succeed. Ameen.

No comments: