Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Banks still at it

Wow, six years ago, I was complaining about it. Now, I'm complaining some more, but now I've become ruthless(?) to them.

I started responding the way I do, about few months back. At that time, I was really TIRED and I was just about the leave the office when I received a call from an unknown number.

Nowadays, most of the time, unknown numbers means banks, insurance companies or spas. So anyway, that evening I was very irritated and I picked up the phone and true enough it's the bank.
Again, they are asking me to take a loan.

Caller : We are calling from XXXX representing XXX Bank (why don't the bank call us themselves?) and we'd like to offer you an attractive loan at a low interest rate of xxxx

I : Why would I need a loan??

Caller : Oh, because it's on offer now, if you take now you enjoy the low interest rate...

I : But why should I take a loan? I don't NEED the extra money desperately now. I am quite happy having no debt to settle and you are asking me to get into a debt???
I don't think it's nice to ask people to get into a debt. They have no problems and you are asking them to get a problem. This is not a good thing to do, you should seriously consider changing your job. You are suggesting to people and coercing them into getting a problem. If they really NEED the loan, they will GO TO THE BANK to ask for the loan.

Caller : Sorry to bother you ma'am. It's okay if you don't need it. Bye.

This works. At the same time a wake-up call for them to STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO TAKE LOANS THEY DON'T NEED.

Usually, I'd be the one saying Bye... bye... bye.. and they'd still go on rambling. This time, they said 'bye' and quickly hung up. :p

Just now, one more.

No comments: