Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Friday, September 19, 2008

limited edition

1. The other day, Hanaa baked some chocolate chip cookies at Cik Alin's. Now she wants to bake some at home for raya.
2. Then, last Thursday, Hadi, actually made us PIZZA from scratch. He made the pizza dough HIMSELF and produced quite an impressive, simple pizza. I was sick and didn't take any pics :( But he'll bake some more this saturday insyaAllah, I'll definitely try to shoot some photos - insyaAllah.
3. And Rus, who is currently back in her kampung to spend Ramadan and Eid with her family :) , also regularly makes epok2 and some other flour mixing food.
4. And I, as I have mentioned before, intend to bake some cookies or even cakes this raya.

I have justified like crazy here.....that it is therefore, worthwhile for me to get that kitchenaid mixer.

(Suddenly my thoughts are interrupted by the remembrance of that good sewing machine, and the trimming machine, sitting in the cupboard, collecting dust. I bought those when I had that sudden burning interest in sewing, many years ago. I wanted to sew my children's clothes.

And I did. Yes, I did.... for approximately a year. I made their baju kurung, and blouses and dresses with cute designs and all. I even made Hadi's cape, with a hood, so that he can pretend he is Darth Vader or something. I can make 3 sets of girls clothes all in a day. Yup... those days. Now..........uh, back to the mixer story. )


I wanted to get the metallic chrome colour, as that would go well with the fridge. But apparently, metallic chrome is a 'limited edition' colour.

What is a 'limited edition' anyway? It seems to me that it just means that they CHOOSE to produce or bring in, only a little of that colour, which they sure know, is popular - so that they can sell it at a ridiculously higher price. All the other colours available, and there are a variety, are currently selling at $779. While the 'limited edition' metallic chrome is selling at.... get this... $1299. That is $520 more for a colourless colour.

I called the company to check if there is anything special, anything at all, that makes this chrome colour better than others. Perhaps it's more durable? Is it like a precious metal? No, the girl told me, but it is a LIMITED EDITION colour.

So, I got the green apple colour instead.
If green apple is not a popular colour, mine would be like a limited edition too.



p.s. Oh, by the way guys.. if you want to get a present for your mum or wife - and she bakes, or wants to, you could get them this. They'll be so amazed if you do. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis!

I soooo love the colour; apple green. So cantik ...

Bake, bake bake! =)

madame blossom said...

insyaAllah!!!

you know.. da letak situ.. i'm GLAD i bought the green apple instead of chrome or some metallic colour.

MHB said...

salam! the mixer is a beauty! AND it matches your kitchen! tu penting tu!! hehe... happy baking and do post pics of the cookies and cakes you intend to bake, ya? (for my inspiration) ;D

KR said...

does it come in orange?

madame blossom said...

mhb,
salam :) heh.. must make it match the kitchen. InsyaAllah, pictures will be posted - no matter what the outcome is.

khairu,
it does! they call it tangerine. And it's a nice orange too. kat IMM 02-10 ada.. i saw it yesterday. :)

Marliza Radzi said...

nak jugak!!!

hAiRiL/spiderman_pink said...

it looks so cartoonish. macam mixer mainan =D

soooooooo is it going to collect dust?

madame blossom said...

heh.. quite cartoonish jugak eh? macam kat scene 'Cat in the Hat' movie gitu kan?

ooooh.. that may explain why my sis dadha.. she said..'oh is that your kitchenator?' - dia terconfuse dengan cupcakenator kat dalam that movie!

i think kan.. benda ni boleh jugak orang2 yang nak kawin ke.. buat hantaran jugak... tapi berat nak bawak.

madame blossom said...

AND by the way.... it's NOT collecting dust.

..for now lah at least.

Dua hari ni aje da pakai berkali-kali :) :)