Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Sunday, April 15, 2007

the past

This past week, i've been contacted by...not by people from the 'other' world.. but by people from the past.

Just last week, a secondary school mate, 'sila' found me on the internet. she says, i look the same.

Then yesterday, my kakis (ita, liza) from college called me on my handphone. They say.. i sound the same, talk the same, laugh the same. I'm not so sure...

Right now, the image of them, in my mind, is exactly as how they looked last time.. but i guess, that wouldn't be, cause people change, right?
I know i did.

Maybe it's time for a reunion - with them. Don't know if I'm ready.
Maybe i'm quite anxious to come face to face with my 'past'.
Maybe, I should.

5 comments:

| nur hafizah | said...

when yesterday u told us abt ur old school mates n jc mates kan, i suddenly remembered my ex-sec sch buddies pulak .. and, i miss them ..

hee ...

maybe yes, u shud meet-up with them ..

Sue said...

Re-union with old frens....of course u should go. Don't let the chance slip by.

Yara said...

Salams Erni,

I also think about my childhood and school friends a lot, also those in my previous job. Wondering what they look like now, what they are doing, etc. I have only kept in touch with a few of these friends and ex-colleagues till this day. Kalau nak contact semua, there will be no time to do anything else everyday =)

Anonymous said...

Why not? I met up with some of my school frenz two years ago after 25 years we left school. It was heartwarming, we all meet to eratkan sillaturahim n to catch up for lost time.

We share similar stories, experiences and we r learning from one another. Hopefully when we are older we still have people around us we can consider frenz.

We also found out that ada juga yg sudah menjadi arwah. Innalillah....

madame blossom said...

tedd & minah,
insyaAllah... just need to find the time.

yara,
itu lah dia.. as we get older, we know more ppl.. it's becomes more and more tricky to keep in touch with ALL of them :)

cik alin,
yes, come to think of it, i also have friends yang da jadi arwah.
reminders for us.