Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Tuesday, June 08, 2021

The Bani Israel - now, I see.

Why didn't I really ponder over it?  I've never thought that understanding the family tree of the prophets was really that necessary,  I've read the Quran and translations and whenever I come across the Bani Israel, I only thought they were the people that Pharoah tortured, and Moses saved.  

However, yesterday, alhamdulillaah - someone asked, who are the Bani Israel?

Only then, I started to wonder and went to look for answers.  They are the descendants of Yacob A.S.  Yacob A.S. was also known as Israel. 

Yacob A.S. the grandson of Ibrahim A.S.   Yacob A.S who had 12 sons, including Yusuf A.S - whose story appeared as a whole chapter in the Quran. Subhanallaah.  I've never once linked them.   

Now that I've understood this, more of what I've read in the Quran became clearer.

Only now, I begin to grasp and understand a little bit the enormity of Allaah's favours upon the Bani Israel.  They were blessed with many prophets to guide them and clear signs given to them.  And also the enormity of the disobedience of some of them even after all this.    

It's not like this was totally never mentioned to me before. Maybe even when I was a kid, we've probably learned it in weekend madrasah - but during those times, all of those information, were just a jumble of words and stories that I don't really remember.

The information can be all around us, even under our noses - but the knowledge will come to us, only when Allaah wills.   Alhamdulillaah, for some clarity.

No comments: