Madame Blossom's Book of Poems

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Julie and Julia

I have been wanting to watch this movie for the longest time. I missed it at the cinemas. And I was always unsure if I really wanted to buy the DVD. Finally it's shown on HBO. :D



I like the movie. It's about finishing what we start. It's about learning about ourselves. It's about marriage and appreciating our spouses. It's about cooking.

But sad to say.. not enough to light the passion fire for me to cook. But that's okay - I now appreciate cooks more. I have believed before and even now, that, when a person loves what they are doing - you'll be able to sense it in their final product. So when a cook, cooks with love and passion - you can see it and taste it in their food.

It is based on a true story. If you look up Julia Child and Julie Powells, you can read about them. You can even get the link to Julie Powells original blog when she was attempting to finish the recipe book.

What I hope to take away from this - is the determination and doing what we aim and love to do, with passion. And not giving up.

The movie, had a happy ending. Julia Child and Julie Powells, both became published writers. Although one unhappy (truth?) is that, Julia Child did not like Julie Powells work. That goes to show you cannot possibly please everyone - and if we do what we do, with a clear conscious for God and for ourselves - then, that is already perfectly alright.

No comments: